You can join Earthjustice to take on the most important challenges of our time and have an immediate impact on defending our wild places, our communities and our future.
Here are some ways you can make an impact on the environment right now.
Recommend a grant now from your donor-advised fund
You can conveniently initiate a grant from your DAF using the link below. Simply type in the name of your fund sponsor and the system will prompt you through the process.
Charitable distribution from an IRA
You can make a qualified charitable distribution (QCD) from your IRA and make an immediate impact. Here’s how it works:
- You must be 70½ or older.
- Your gift must be transferred directly from the IRA account to Earthjustice.
- An individual may take a one-time QCD up to $53,000 to fund a charitable gift annuity (CGA) or charitable remainder trust (CRT).
- Your gift is a transfer of funds from your IRA to Earthjustice so while it does not generate a charitable tax deduction, it does not create taxable income for you.*
- You may transfer up to a total of $105,000 per year (individual) or $210,000 (married couple).
- If you are required to take a Required Minimum Distribution from your IRA, your gift can count towards it, but your gift is not limited to your RMD. If you are using a checkbook issued by your IRA administrator to make your gift, please send your gift as early as possible to ensure that it qualifies for a distribution in the current year.
If you’re interested in this popular way to support Earthjustice, download a sample letter for your IRA administrator here.
* Due to recent changes in the laws governing retirement plans, please seek advice from your financial advisor regarding the tax implications of your gift, particularly if you plan to continue to contribute to your IRA after age 70 ½. Your gift may not qualify for these tax benefits.
Memorial or Tribute Gift
When you give a memorial or tribute gift for Earthjustice to honor someone special, you’re expressing your love, admiration, and gratitude in one of the most meaningful ways there is. Your gift will honor your loved one, create a lasting tribute, and power the fight for the future of our environment.
Gifts of Appreciated Securities
You can use stocks, bonds, and mutual funds that have appreciated in value to support our work. You may receive a charitable income tax deduction for the full market value of the stock (up to a maximum of 30% of your adjusted gross income) and avoid paying the capital gains tax on any increase in the value of the stock.
Matching Gift Opportunities
When you notify us that Earthjustice has been added to your estate plan, you could release a matching gift of up to $10,000 in your honor this year – please contact us to learn more about this opportunity.
A donation of cash is the most direct way to support Earthjustice. You benefit from a charitable tax credit while taking positive action to protect people’s health, preserve magnificent places and wildlife, advance clean energy and combat climate change. You can make your gift online with our online donation form or by sending a check or money order by mail to:
50 California Street, Suite 500
San Francisco, CA 94111
If you’re sending a check or money order, please let us know if you would like your gift to be used for a specific purpose.